Friday, December 11, 2009

Trip to Niceville

Been a busy week which is why I'm just getting around to posting.
We went to see Memama and Grandy in Niceville last weekend. Troy was a charm! He did great during the 4 hour trip down there. We stopped once to get a bite to eat. I made the mistake of feeding him a bottle in the car, you know, to move things along. Apparently that's a big NO NO! I felt like a horrible mom when the child kept spitting up...over and over and over. Of course ALL of our clothes were packed in the suitcase underneath all of the other junk we took along. So...Troy ended up with only a diaper on in the carseat. Luckily we only had about an hour left in the trip when we decided his spit-up soaked clothes had to come off. Thank the Lord for wipes! They provided a quick bath.
Anyway, we had a great time there. Brian's parents friends came over Friday night to see the little man. I really love for other people to hold him, especially to encourage him being comfortable being passed around. We saw the Cannons, Alligoods and the Ross'. The Hamiltons were at their nephew's wedding. Jeff, Amy, Jake and Brooke were also there that weekend.
We all wore our Christmas shirts and sweaters to pick out the family Christmas tree. Since our sweaters somehow disappeared, I put appliques on shirts for me and Brian last year. I also had Troy in his appliqued romper I made for the Thanksgiving photos with my side of the family last month. He did so great that weekend. He stayed in a pack in play in our room. It was the first time he's slept in the room with us. I was thinking I'd hear him grunt or move around. I never did - either I slept really good or he didn't make a peep. I think it was the latter. Brian's parents were so much fun and seem to love this child to death! It's neat to see how happy Troy is to hear their voices and see them play with him.
Troy also go to feel the sand and see the beach for the first time. On Sunday, he ate at 9 in the morning, we left for the beach, at lunch there where he fell asleep about 11:30. We finished, stuck him in the car and he didn't wake up until we got home at 4:30!!! He made up for lack of eating because he ate every 2 hours until he went to bed at 9:30. I was thinking he might wake up in the middle of the night but we didn't hear a peep until 6:30 the following morning. Nice.
We've been getting ready for our Christmas party tomorrow night. We are expecting a small crowd but I'm really looking forward to it! All I have left to make are the chocolate covered peanut butter balls....Brit has been asking about them since earlier this Fall so I feel like I should make them, too!
He'll be three months old tomorrow. He's a big, big boy! I'll post his stats (hopefully) this weekend. He's becoming more and more fun. He started laughing true laughs last weekend and loves to look at people and smile. Tummy time isn't his favorite at ALL. In fact, if he doesn't like something, it's tummy time. Colt, thankfully, lended Troy his tummy time thing that rotates and he seems to do much better on that. He wakes up when the sun comes up and goes to bed around 9 every night.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!