Wednesday, June 8, 2011

To Greensboro to Greensboro

My first trip (besides Birmingham) taking Justin out of town. My cousin was getting married, I haven’t been to my grandmother’s house (in Greensboro, AL) in almost a year so it was time.

My grandmother remarried almost three years ago, a couple of years after my Granddaddy passed away. I’ve never written about Granddaddy but I can say I still miss him dearly. One day I hope to write about him. Crawford is pretty much polar opposite from my Granddaddy. Not in a bad way but they are just different. So Crawford is pretty quiet and laid back. This past visit with he and my grandmother were very enjoyable. He was much more talkative and really took to Justin – which meant a lot.


Brian had been out of town the week before so we decided that it was too much for him to get in from a flight just to get back in the car for a three hour drive. Troy needed some one on one time with his daddy, too!

Evelyn married Chad at a beautiful country wedding. It was gorgeous. The ceremony was outside with white chairs, a beautiful pergola adorned with many flowers and greenery, the bridesmaids wore turquoise dresses. So did I – WHAT? I had the same color dress as the bridesmaids. Made me look like a wanna be. I had to laugh. Justin slept through the ceremony but was awake during the reception. The reception was in a barn – a huge, dressy barn. Not like the ones I grew up around. Painted concrete floors, an upstairs with 6 bedrooms, a kitchen. You get the point. It was nice and we had a great time.

The wedding itself was in Tuscaloosa so we drove a little over an hour to get to the wedding. I drove myself, my mother, Justin, Mamama (my grandmother) and Crawford. Justin did great on the way there but was fussy on the way back. Crawford just happened to be sitting next to him. I even heard Crawford singing to Justin. At one point he said, in the sweetest voice, he was going to take a board and attach it to the pacifier and his head just to keep the darn thing in. Ha!

Brian introduced Troy to his big bed while I was gone. I thought the child would fuss and fight, get out of the bed and not cooperate. Little did I know that he would love the big bed and would take to it immediately. The bed has been in his “new” room for a year now but we thought he was too small to start sleeping in it alone. He was ready for sure and has been doing great ever since (almost 2 weeks).

Technorati Tags: ,